2233 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Suite 216, Washington, DC 20007
Consular hours: Mon to Fri 9:30 am – 1:30 pm
|Phone:||(202) 483-6410 ext. 1003||Website|
Until further notice, travel to Afghanistan is not recommended due to safety reasons.
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). COVID-19 regulations have been lifted as of May 10, 2022. For update information, please click this link
- VISA APPLICATION. Complete application and process payment online or mail the application, documents required and payment to the Embassy at Washington DC.
- Passport must have at least one (1) year validity beyond the completion of a trip and must have at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- VISIT VISA is issued to foreign nationals, who are interested to participate in sports competitions, exhibition/conference, visiting relatives/friends, and conduct pilgrimage to holy sites in Afghanistan.
- VALID VISA. Afghanistan visa is valid from the date of issue. Valid visa should be in the valid passport.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
|Copy of valid passport's vital information page||✔||✔|
|Letter of employment (Business visa only)|
Visa Office will provide this for GC employees.
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
Indicating that the petitioner does not have any infectious/contagious decease.
Note: The signature of the applicant on the application form MUST be notarized if the applicant is unable to appear in person at the consulate.
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type||Citizenship|
|5 to 7 business days||Regular||US Nationals|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Tourist/Visit US Nationals||195.00||Single/Multiple||1 Month to 12 Months|
|Tourist/Visit Non-US Nationals||115.00||Single||3 months|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: October 12, 2022