2108 16th Street NW, Washington, DC 20009
(Entrance to Consular office is at V Street)
Drop off: Mon & Wed 9.30 am – 1 pm
Pick up: Tue & Thurs 12 – 3 pm
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Travelers must have a printed negative COVID-19 rapid antigen test taken at least 24 hours or a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken at least 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. The test certificate must be in English, French or Portuguese. For up to date information, please click this link
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION. The Angola Embassy in Washington DC can only process visa applications from the following US States: District of Columbia, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, West Virginia, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
- APPLY IN PERSON. Applicant MUST appear in person at the Consulate for fingerprints. Service days are Mondays and Wednesdays, from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm.
- Passport must have at least one (1) year validity beyond the completion of a trip and must have at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Botswana, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Seychelles, Singapore, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe for a maximum stay of 30 days.
- TOURIST VISA ON ARRIVAL is available for nationals of Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Finland, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malawi, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Russian Fed., Spain, Switzerland, UK, USA, Venezuela, and some other countries. Travelers must have: a return/onward ticket, hotel reservation, a printed confirmation stating a visa will be issued upon arrival (to be processed by your host in Angola), and a valid passport to obtain a 30-day visa.
- Original yellow fever card MUST be presented at the port of entry.
- VALID VISA should be in the valid passport.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US|
|Passport size photos - two (2) photos|
White background and should be free of shadows, photo is clear and in color, glasses not allowed. Applicant is directly facing camera w/ a neutral expression, eyes are clearly visible.
|Copy of valid passport's vital information page||✔||✔|
|Invitation letter - notarized and legalized by MFA|
MFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
|Copy of passport's vital page or ID of person signing the invitation letter.|
Include a copy of the legal status of the host if host is not a citizen of the country.
|Recent bank statement||✔||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Yellow fever certificate||✔||✔|
*Application form must be typewritten and in black ink.
*Invitation letter should be addressed to the Consular office of the Embassy of Angola with the following attachments: the legal establishment of the institution, a copy of the institution’s permit, a copy of tax payment, and a copy of the institution’s publication page in the Diário de República.
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|3 to 7 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Tourist Visa||70.00||Single||30-90 days|
|Ordinary Visa US Nationals||100.00||Single||30-90 days|
|Ordinary & Tourist Visa/Canada & Mexico||70.00||Single||30-90 days|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: October 13, 2022