Schengen Countries are countries that have signed an agreement, currently between 26 European States, to remove immigration controls to travel within their collective territories. This means entry into one Schengen Member State gives free access to all the other Schengen states.
If the visit includes more than one destination, the visa has to be applied to the Embassy/Consulate of the country that is the main destination of the journey (length of stay or the purpose). If no main destination is determined, the visa application should be submitted to the Schengen country of first entry.
3524 International Court NW, Washington, DC 20008
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Travelers must have a negative Covid-19 antigen test result issued at most 48 hours or have a negative Covid-19 LAMP, PCR or TMA test result issued at most 72 hours before arrival also may be subject to take a Covid-19 PCR test and self-quarantine for 10 days. This does not apply to travelers younger than 10 years if accompanied by an adult.
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION. The Embassy of Austria in Washington DC has consular jurisdiction. It can only process visa application from the residents under its jurisdiction area. Click link for a complete Embassy’s jurisdiction list
- APPLY IN PERSON. Visa application is processed through VFS Global. Click here to schedule appointment and for registration process. When you are done with the registration you will receive an Appointment Confirmation Letter. Please PRINT and INCLUDE the letter with your application.
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity remaining beyond stay and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of the Schengen countries, Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Japan, Mexico, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, UK/British Overseas Citizens, USA , Venezuela, and some other countries for staying up to 90 days within a period of 180 days.
- The visa fee depends on the value of the USD when applying for the Schengen Visa.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|Document checklist (original signature)||✔|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo||✔|
|Copy of passport vital information page||✔|
|Copy of previous Schengen visas issued within the past 5 years.||✔|
|*Notarized invitation letter||✔|
|Letter of employment||✔|
|Bank statements (last three (3) months)||✔|
|Copy of appointment letter||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔|
|Notarized letter of support (Business only)||✔|
|Proof of legal residency in the US (original & copy)||✔|
|Travel health insurance||✔|
*if you are staying with a private host, the following documents are required:
- Signed invitation letter stating period of stay and relationship to visa applicant
- Copy of host’s passport
- Copy of host’s registration of residency (Meldebestätigung)
- Copy of host’s rental agreement or property title
*for business, official invitation letter (original+copy) from a host organisation,
containing detailed information concerning:
- Address and contacts of the inviting entity
- Name and position of the signing person
- Purpose and duration of stay
- Person or entity who will bear the travel and living costs (if applicable)
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|15 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Schengen Visa||0.00||Single/Multiple||Up to 90 days|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: November 2, 2021