2220 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20008
1025 Vermont Avenue NW, Suite 305, Washington, DC 20005
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change) COVID-19 entry regulations have been lifted as off September 22, 2022. For up to date information, please click this link
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION. The Bahamas Consulate in Washington DC has consular jurisdiction. It only processes visa applications from the following states: Alaska, California, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Idaho, Maryland, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, Ohio, Oregon, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
- APPLY IN PERSON. All applicants must appear in person at the Bahamas Consulate to apply for a visa.
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Canada, Norway, Switzerland, UK/British Overseas Citizens, USA, and some others countries for a maximum stay of 8 months.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Argentina, Australia, Austria, Botswana, Brazil, British Overseas Territories, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Jamaica, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Peru, Portugal, Russian Fed., Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Trinidad & Tobago, Venezuela, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and some other countries for a maximum stay of 3 months.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals with a Permanent Resident/Resident Alien Card issued by the USA for a maximum stay of 30 days.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form (2 copies)|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - two (2) photos|
White background and should be free of shadows, photo is clear and in color, glasses not allowed. Applicant is directly facing camera w/ a neutral expression, eyes are clearly visible.
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy or Immigration officer of the country. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Letter of employment (Business visa only)|
Visa Office will provide this for GC employees.
|Police clearance report||✔|
|Recent bank statement||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/cruise itinerary||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Travel health insurance||✔|
* All foreign marriage, birth, and death certificate submitted in support of a visa application must be legalized/apostilled in the country of origin before submission
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|7 to 15 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Cash,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Tourist/Business||110.00||Single/Multiple||3 months/ 1 year|
|Tourist/Business||250.00||Single/Multiple||3 months/ 1 year|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: October 17, 2022