3510 International Drive NW, Washington, DC 20008
Drop off: Mon to Fri 10 am – 1 pm
Pick up: Mon to Fri 3:30 – 5 pm
Currently walk-in Consular Services is suspended from December 28, 2021 until further notice. Visa application is to be mailed. Power of Attorney can be done by appointment only.
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Travelers are subject to medical screening and quarantine for up to 14 days. Travelers are not allowed to enter if in the past 15 days they have been in Argentina, Brazil, India, Malaysia, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, and few other countries. All travelers, who already have valid visa for Bangladesh, must present a health certificate of PCR test with a negative test result from a certified physician/clinic/pharmacy, to be obtained within 72 hours of traveling. For up to date information, please click this link
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity remaining beyond stay and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- VISA APPLICATION. If an applicant has dual citizenship of the USA and another country, the applicant MUST apply with a US passport.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Barbados, Bhutan, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Jamaica, Lesotho, Malawi, Maldives, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, St. Kitts and Nevis, Tanzania, Tonga and Zambia for a maximum stay of 90 days.
- STAY MORE THAN 30 DAYS/MULTIPLE ENTRY. Visitors who intend to stay more than 30 days or need a multiple entry visa should apply through the Bangladesh Embassy prior to the departure.
- The visa processing fee will depend on nationality.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - two (2) photos|
White background and should be free of shadows, photo is clear and in color, glasses not allowed. Applicant is directly facing camera w/ a neutral expression, eyes are clearly visible.
|Copy of valid passport's vital information page||✔||✔|
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy in Washington DC. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Copy of passport's vital page or ID of person signing the invitation letter.|
Include a copy of the legal status of the host if host is not a citizen of the country.
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Copy of Covid-19 vaccinations (completed double doses)||✔||✔|
|Health certificate (Covid)|
Certificate issued by a certified physicians/clinic/pharmacy, ensuring that applicant is not affected by Covid.
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|15 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Business/Tourist - (Australia & USA)||160.00||Single/Double/Multiple||30 days|
|Visa on arrival||50.00||Single||30 days|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: July 19, 2022