The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is made up of fifteen member countries that are located in the Western African region: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cote D’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
Passengers with a Laissez-Passer issued by the ECOWAS Passport do not require a visa when traveling on duty.
2124 Kalorama Road NW
- Covid-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Travelers are subject to Coronavirus PRC test upon arrival at their own expense. An online application form must be completed before departure at Covid-19 Benin Center . For up to date information, please click this link
- Passport must have six (6) months validity beyond stay and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Angola, Botswana, Ghana, Haiti, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe and some other countries for a maximum stay of 90 days.
- E-VISA. Electronic visa can be applied at e-Visa for Benin for a short-stay visa.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US|
|Complete online application||✔||✔|
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Yellow fever certificate||✔||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
Fee per Visa
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|e-Visa||125.00||Multiple||Up to 90 days|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: July 19, 2022