Currently, Bulgaria issues national visa only. This visa does not give the traveler the right to enter the Schengen area, but it can be used to enter Romania, Croatia or Cyprus. For the terms and conditions, please contact the nearest Bulgarian embassy.
1621 22nd Street NW, Washington, DC 20008
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Travelers must have a negative Covid-19 PCR or rapid antigen test taken at least 15 days and at most 180 days before arrival or a Covid-19 vaccination certificate stating that they received the vaccine at least 14 days before arrival. For up to date information, please click this link
- Passport must have six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and must have at least two (2) blank visa pages
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Costa Rica, Finland, France, Germany, Mexico, New Zealand, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Switzerland, Trinidad & Tobago, UK/British Overseas, USA, Venezuela, and some other countries; for valid Schengen visa holders and travelers who hold valid visas issued by Romania, Cyprus, and Croatia; for a maximum stay of 90 days.
- USA and EU citizens are required to pay a border tax of $20 at point of entry.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US|
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
|Copy of valid passport's vital information page||✔||✔|
|Copy of the last Bulgarian and Schengen visas or visas for the UK and the US (if applicable)||✔||✔|
|Recent bank statement||✔||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Travel health insurance||✔||✔|
*Business: Invitation letter should be signed and stamped by the host and legalized by a notary judge and by the Migration Directorate of the MoI of Bulgaria.
*Private: Invitation letter should be legalized by a notary public and by the Migration Directorate of the MoI of Bulgaria.
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|15 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Cash, Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Long Stay||118.00||Multiple||6 months|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: July 19, 2022