The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is made up of fifteen member countries that are located in the Western African region: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cote D’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
Passengers with a Laissez-Passer issued by the ECOWAS Passport do not require a visa when traveling on duty.
2340 Massachusetts Avenue NW
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Travelers without a medical certificate with a negative Covid-19 PCR test result issued at most 5 days before arrival are subject to medical screening at their own expense. For up to date information, please click this link
- Passport must have six (6) month validity beyond the completion of a trip and must have a minimum of two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Benin, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Togo; for nationals of Central African Rep. for a maximum stay of 90 days; for nationals of Singapore for a maximum stay of 30 days.
- VISA ON ARRIVAL for nationals of Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Finland, France, Germany, Kenya, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, USA, Venezuela and some others for a maximum stay of 3 months; for nationals of UK and Peru for a maximum stay of 1 month. They can apply to extend their stay.
- TRANSIT VISA ON ARRIVAL. Passengers who want to leave the airport international transit area can obtain a transit visa for a maximum stay of 72 hrs.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form (2 copies)|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - two (2) photos|
White background and should be free of shadows, photo is clear and in color, glasses not allowed. Applicant is directly facing camera w/ a neutral expression, eyes are clearly visible.
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Yellow fever certificate||✔||✔|
|Enclose a pre-paid return envelope|
the GC Visa office will provide.
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|3 to 4 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Company's Check, Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Business/Tourist US Nationals||140.00||Multiple||5 years|
|Business/Tourist Non-US Nationals||105.00||Single||3 months|
|Business/Tourist Non-US Nationals||135.00||Multiple||3 months|
|Business/Tourist Non-US Nationals||145.00||Single||6 months|
|Business/Tourist Non-US Nationals||175.00||Multiple||6 months|
|Business/Tourist Non-US Nationals||190.00||Single||12 months|
|Business/Tourist Non-US Nationals||220.00||Multiple||12 months|
|Expedite Service (Extra)||50.00|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: July 19, 2022