2233 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Suite 408, Washington, DC 20007
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Travelers must have medical certificate with a negative Covid-19 test result. The test must have been taken at most 72 hours before departure of the last direct flight to Burundi. The medical certificate must be in English or French. Travelers are subject to PCR test and quarantine for 7 days in a hotel at their own expense, the hotel must be booked at Republic of Burundi website. This does not apply to travelers younger than 6 years.
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity remaining beyond stay and must have two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of the Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda for a maximum stay of 3 months. MUST have a valid passport.
- Apply for a multiple tourist visa, if transiting through DRC.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form (2 copies)|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - two (2) photos||✔||✔|
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy in Washington DC. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)||✔|
|Yellow fever certificate||✔||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|15 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
Last updated: January 31, 2022