501 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20001
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Covid-19 entry regulations have been lifted.
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION. The Embassy of Canada in Washington DC processes only applications from the residents of Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, and Washington DC.
- ELECTRONIC TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION (eTA) or a TEMPORARY RESIDENCE VISA (TRS) must be applied on line.
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity remaining beyond stay and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of USA for a maximum stay of 6 months.
- ELECTRONIC TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION (eTA) IS REQUIRED for nationals of Australia, Chile, Finland, France, Germany, Mexico, Netherland, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Switzerland, and the UK/British Overseas.
- LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENTS OF THE US that hold valid status in the US are exempt from eTA requirements. Travelers must carry official proof of status and a valid passport from their country of nationality.
- TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA (TRS) is required for nationals without a US Permanent Resident Card. This includes nationals of Afghanistan, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Nigeria, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Thailand, Trinidad & Tobago, Uganda, Venezuela, Zambia, Zimbabwe and some other countries.
- TRANSIT BY AIR. For non-US passport older, an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is necessary when transiting through Canada by air. However, travelers do not need an eTA when traveling by land or sea. Valid passport and proof of US lawful permanent resident are required.
- VALID VISA OR eTA. Valid visa inside an expired passport is considered valid. Please travel with both passport (new & old). However, the eTA received with old passport is no longer valid if passport expired.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
|Invitation letter (Business visa only)||✔|
|Recent bank statement||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|15 to 30 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Credit Card,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: November 1, 2022