The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is made up of fifteen member countries that are located in the Western African region: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cote D’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
Passengers with a Laissez-Passer issued by the ECOWAS Passport do not require a visa when traveling on duty.
2424 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20008
Drop off: Mon to Fri 9 am – 12 pm
Pick up: Mon to Fri 2 – 3:30 pm
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Travelers must have COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they are fully vaccinated or a printed negative COVID 19 result in English, issued at least 72 hours before arrival. For up to date information, click on this link
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least one (1) blank visa page.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Ghana, Nigeria and some other West Africa countries; for nationals of Philippines, Rwanda, Singapore, and some other countries for a maximum stay of 90 days. Must have a valid passport.
- ELECTRONIC TRAVEL AUTHORITY (ETA) is available for all nationals through SNEDAI.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form (2 copies)|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - two (2) photos|
White background and should be free of shadows, photo is clear and in color, glasses not allowed. Applicant is directly facing camera w/ a neutral expression, eyes are clearly visible.
|Certified invitation letter from host organization in Côte d’Ivoire (Business visa only)||✔||✔|
|Receipt of online payment|
Visa Office will provide
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Yellow fever certificate||✔||✔|
|Enclose a pre-paid return envelope|
the GC Visa office will provide.
* The application form MUST be printed as a two-sided document.
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|2 to 3 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Credit Card,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Tourist/Business US Nationals||150.00||Single/Double/Multiple||Up to 1 year|
|Tourist/Business Non-US Nationals||70.00||Single/Double/Multiple||Up to 90 days|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: November 16, 2022