Schengen Countries are countries that have signed an agreement, currently between 26 European States, to remove immigration controls to travel within their collective territories. This means entry into one Schengen Member State gives free access to all the other Schengen states.
If the visit includes more than one destination, the visa has to be applied to the Embassy/Consulate of the country that is the main destination of the journey (length of stay or the purpose). If no main destination is determined, the visa application should be submitted to the Schengen country of first entry.
3900 Spring of Freedom Street NW, Washington, DC 20008
Consular hours: Mon to Fri 8:30 am – 11:30 am
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Travelers must complete a “Passenger Locator Form” before boarding. The form can be found at this link Travelers could also be subject to a Covid-19 test upon arrival and quarantine for up to 10 days. This does not apply to travelers younger than 5 years.
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION. The Embassy of Czech Republic has consular jurisdiction. It can only process visa applications from the residents of its jurisdiction territory
- APPLY IN PERSON. Visa applications must be submitted in person. Please make an appointment in advance by emailing [email protected] or call (202) 274-9103 from Monday to Thursday between 1:30 pm and 5:00 pm.
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Portugal, Salvador, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Trinidad & Tobago, UK/British Overseas, USA, Venezuela, and some other countries for a maximum stay of 90 days. Exempt Visa Requirement List
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|*Complete online application||✔|
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo||✔|
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy in Washington DC. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Letter of employment||✔|
|Recent bank statement||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)||✔|
|Travel health insurance||✔|
* Complete application online and SIGN your application at the Consular Office.
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|15 to 30 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Cash, Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Schengen Visa||70.00||Single/Multiple||Up to 90 days|
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: January 24, 2022