1100 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite 725, Washington, DC 20036
Drop off: Mon to Fri 10 am – 1 pm
Pick up: Mon to Fri 2:30 – 4 pm
E-mail: [email protected]
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Travelers must have medical certificate with a negative Covid-19 PCR test result issued at most 7 days before arrival. The test must be issued in English or French. Please complete the “Travelers Registration form” at www.inrbcovid.com, print the QR code and present it on arrival. Travelers are subject to a Covid-19 test at their own expense.
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Burundi and Rwanda; for nationals of Congo and Zimbabwe for a maximum stay of 90 days.
- VISA ON ARRIVAL for nationals of Kenya, Mauritius, and Tanzania for a maximum stay of 7 days and can apply to extend the stay in the country.
- VISA ON ARRIVAL for any nationals with a letter (Visa Volant) issued by the Ministry of Interior and Security for a maximum stay of 7 days and can apply to extend the stay. Processing time may vary due to the Consular office sending the application to the Immigration office in Dem. Rep of Congo for approval.
- Visas will not be processed if the request is received earlier than three months in advance of your travel dates.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo||✔||✔|
|Copy of passport vital information page||✔||✔|
|Copy of previous visa (if applicable)||✔||✔|
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy in Washington DC. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)||✔|
|Yellow fever certificate||✔||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|10 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Airport transit visa (One way)||45.00|
|Airport transit visa (Round trip)||75.00|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: September 27, 2021