Schengen Countries are countries that have signed an agreement, currently between 26 European States, to remove immigration controls to travel within their collective territories. This means entry into one Schengen Member State gives free access to all the other Schengen states.
If the visit includes more than one destination, the visa has to be applied to the Embassy/Consulate of the country that is the main destination of the journey (length of stay or the purpose). If no main destination is determined, the visa application should be submitted to the Schengen country of first entry.
3200 Whitehaven Street NW, Washington, DC 20008
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Travelers traveling to Denmark or Greenland must have a medical certificate with a negative Covid-19 PCR or antigen test results taken at most 72 hours before arrival. Travelers traveling to Greenland may be subject to medical screening and quarantine. For up to date information, please click this link
- APPLY IN PERSON. Visa application must be submitted online at the Danish Visa Application Center managed by VFS Global.
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia Costa Rica, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Japan, Mauritius, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Peru, Singapore, Switzerland, Trinidad & Tobago, UK/British Overseas, US, Venezuela and some other countries for a maximum stay of 90 days. Visa eligibility.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
|Colored copy of your entire valid passport|
Include copies of old passport pages with previous Schengen visas and the entry/exit stamps for the last 5 years, as well as valid UK visas.
|Invitation letter (Business visa only)||✔|
|Letter of employment||✔|
|Cover letter from applicant||✔|
|Recent bank statement||✔|
|Receipt of application form|
Obtained after your online visa application has been completed and paid.
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔|
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Travel health insurance||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|15 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Online Payment,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|VSF Service Fee||33.00|
|Short term visa Non-US Nationals||80.00||Single||Up to 90 days|
|National Visa Non-US Nationals||140.00||Single/Double/Multiple||Up to 90 days|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: August 1, 2022