The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is made up of fifteen member countries that are located in the Western African region: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cote D’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
Passengers with a Laissez-Passer issued by the ECOWAS Passport do not require a visa when traveling on duty.
1701 19th Street NW, Washington, DC 20008
Drop off: Mon to Fri 10 am – 1 pm
Pick up: Mon to Fri 2 – 3 pm
Mon to Fri: submit the application before 12 pm and pick up between 3 – 3:30 pm
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Travelers must register for Travel Authorization before departure. Travelers are subject to a Covid-19 test upon arrival. This will not apply to travelers with a Covid-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated at least 14 days before arrival. For up to date information, click on this link.
- Passport must have at least twelve (12) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal and Togo for a maximum stay of 3 months.
- VISA ON ARRIVAL for nationals of Australia, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil, Canada, China, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Russian Fed., Rwanda, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Tanzania, Trinidad & Tobago, Uganda, UK, USA, Zambia, and some other countries for a maximum stay of 30 days.
- EXPEDITE SERVICE. The visa application is processed on the same day. Payment requires two (2) money orders (visa fee and expedite fee).
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
|Invitation letter (Business visa only)||✔||✔|
|Recent bank statement (Business visa)||✔||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Yellow fever certificate||✔||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|4 to 5 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Business/Tourist US Nationals||160.00||Multiple||3 years|
|Business/Tourist UK (British) Nationals||229.00||Multiple||6 months|
|Business/Tourist Canada||75.00||Multiple||6 months|
|Business/Tourist Other countries||40.00||Multiple||6 months|
|Business/Tourist UK (British) Nationals||523.00||Multiple||12 months|
|Business/Tourist Canada||150.00||Multiple||12 months|
|Business/Tourist Other countries||80.00||Multiple||12 months|
|Extra for RUSH Same day Service||50.00|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: November 16, 2022