Schengen Countries are countries that have signed an agreement, currently between 26 European States, to remove immigration controls to travel within their collective territories. This means entry into one Schengen Member State gives free access to all the other Schengen states.
If the visit includes more than one destination, the visa has to be applied to the Embassy/Consulate of the country that is the main destination of the journey (length of stay or the purpose). If no main destination is determined, the visa application should be submitted to the Schengen country of first entry.
2131 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20008
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Travelers must complete a “Travelers questionnaire” prior to arrival in Estonia. This can be done up to three days before arrival at The Health Board’s Portal. A proof of completed questionnaire must be presented when boarding the plane. Travelers may be subject to Covid-19 test and self-isolation for 10 days. For up to date information, please click this link
- The Republic of Estonia is represented by the Embassy of Latvia in Washington, DC. Contact the Embassy of the Republic of Latvia concerning documents to be submitted for visa application.
- APPLY IN PERSON. To schedule an appointment, call (202) 328-2881/2882.
- Passport must have six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Schengen countries member, Argentina, Australia, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Israel, Japan, Mexico, Peru, Singapore, Trinidad & Tobago, UK, USA, Venezuela and some other countries for a maximum stay of 90 days.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy or Immigration officer of the country. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Letter of employment||✔|
|Bank statements (last three (3) months)||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|15 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Cash, Credit Card,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry|
|Tourist/Business Non-US Nationals||80.00||Single/Double/Multiple|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: August 3, 2022