Schengen Countries are countries that have signed an agreement, currently between 26 European States, to remove immigration controls to travel within their collective territories. This means entry into one Schengen Member State gives free access to all the other Schengen states.
If the visit includes more than one destination, the visa has to be applied to the Embassy/Consulate of the country that is the main destination of the journey (length of stay or the purpose). If no main destination is determined, the visa application should be submitted to the Schengen country of first entry.
4101 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20007
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Covid-19 entry regulations have been lifted.
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION. The France Embassy in Washington DC can only process visa applications from the following territories: Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Virginia.
- APPLY IN PERSON. All applicants must schedule an appointment and appear in person to apply for a visa. Link to set up and appointment.
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity remaining beyond stay and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Finland, Germany, Japan, Mauritius, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, UK/British Overseas, US, Trinidad and Tobago, Venezuela and some other countries for a maximum stay of 90 days.
- Click on the Visa application guidelines below for visa application instruction.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|Complete online application (2 copies)|
Both forms required the applicant's original signatures.
|Passport size photos - two (2) photos|
White background and should be free of shadows, photo is clear and in color, glasses not allowed. Applicant is directly facing camera w/ a neutral expression, eyes are clearly visible.
|Copy of valid passport's vital information page||✔|
|Letter of employment||✔|
|Bank statements (last three (3) months)||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔|
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Proof of residence|
E.g. Driver's license, utility bill
|Travel health insurance||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|7 to 20 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Schengen Visa||81.00||Multiple||Up to 90 days|
|Business/Tourist||134.00||Multiple||Long Stay Visits|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: May 16, 2023