The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is made up of fifteen member countries that are located in the Western African region: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cote D’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
Passengers with a Laissez-Passer issued by the ECOWAS Passport do not require a visa when traveling on duty.
5630 16th Street NW, Washington, DC 20011
Drop-off: Mon to Fri 10 am – 12 noon.
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Travelers must have a printed medical certificate with a negative Coronavirus (COVID-19) PCR test result issued at most 72 hours before arrival. This does not apply to travelers younger than 2 years. For up to date information, please click this link
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity remaining beyond stay and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Australia, Bolivia, Botswana, Canada, Dominican Rep., Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Jamaica, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Philippines, Portugal, Russian Fed, Rwanda, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Tanzania, Trinidad & Tobago, Uganda, UK, Venezuela, Zambia, Zimbabwe and some other countries for a maximum stay of 90 days.
- VISA ON ARRIVAL. Nationals of the USA can obtain a visa on arrival.
- Personal or telephone interview may be required.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy in Washington DC. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Yellow fever certificate||✔||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|5 to 10 business days||Regular|
|1 to 3 business days||Express Service|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Tourist/Business US Nationals||200.00||Multiple||5 years|
|Tourist/Business Non-US Nationals||100.00||Multiple||Up to 90 days|
|Same day service||175.00|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: August 4, 2022