Schengen Countries are countries that have signed an agreement, currently between 26 European States, to remove immigration controls to travel within their collective territories. This means entry into one Schengen Member State gives free access to all the other Schengen states.
If the visit includes more than one destination, the visa has to be applied to the Embassy/Consulate of the country that is the main destination of the journey (length of stay or the purpose). If no main destination is determined, the visa application should be submitted to the Schengen country of first entry.
4645 Reservoir Rd. NW, Washington, DC 20009
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). COVID-19 entry regulations have been lifted.
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION. The German Embassy in Washington DC can only process visas for the following territories: Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- APPLY IN PERSON. To apply for a visa, all applicants MUST schedule an appointment and appear in person. Set up an appointment. To cancel an appointment, send an email to [email protected]
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Mauritius, Mexico, Peru, Finland, France, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Singapore, Trinidad & Tobago, UK/British Overseas, US, Venezuela and some others for a maximum stay of 90 days. Must have a valid passport.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
|Copy of valid passport's vital information page||✔|
|Invitation letter (Business visa only)||✔|
|Letter of employment||✔|
|Bank statements (last three (3) months)||✔|
|Notarized printed copy of online application confirmation||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔|
|One (1) "Declaration of Accuracy of Information" form completed and signed||✔|
|Proof of legal residency in the US (original & copy)||✔|
|Proof of residence|
E.g. Driver's license, utility bill
|Travel health insurance||✔|
Forms and Links
Application Form Document checklist Online Application
|Processing time||Service type|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Cash,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Business / Tourist / Transit||80.00||30-90 days|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: November 16, 2022