The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is made up of fifteen member countries that are located in the Western African region: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cote D’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
Passengers with a Laissez-Passer issued by the ECOWAS Passport do not require a visa when traveling on duty.
3512 International Drive NW, Washington, DC 20008
Mon to Thurs 9:30 am – 12 pm and 1 – 3 pm
Closed on Fridays
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Travelers entering or transiting through Ghana must have COVID-19 certificate showing that they are fully vaccinated at least 14 days before departure. Before departure, travelers must complete the Port Health Declaration, access the form here. For up to date information, click on this link
- Passport must be valid for at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and has two (2) blank visa pages.
- VISA APPLICATION. All required documents must be dropped off and be picked up from Ghana Travel Consultancy at 438 N Fedrick Ave Suite 201 Gaithersburg, MD 20877.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for members of the ECOWAS organization; nationals of Barbados, Guyana, Kenya, Rwanda, Seychelles, Singapore, St. Vincent & Grenadines, Tanzania, Uganda for a maximum stay of 90 days; for nationals of Jamaica, Mauritius, Trinidad & Tobago Zimbabwe for a maximum stay of 60 days. Must have a valid passport.
- VISA ON ARRIVAL for nationals of Botswana, Madagascar, Malawi, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia and some other countries for a maximum stay of 30 days. MUST have a confirmed return/onward ticket and proof of sufficient funds to cover the entire stay.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US|
|Complete online application||✔||✔|
|Passport size photos - two (2) photos|
White background and should be free of shadows, photo is clear and in color, glasses not allowed. Applicant is directly facing camera w/ a neutral expression, eyes are clearly visible.
|Copy of valid passport's vital information page||✔||✔|
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy or Immigration officer of the country. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Copy of passport's vital page or ID of person signing the invitation letter.|
Include a copy of the legal status of the host if host is not a citizen of the country.
|Letter of employment||✔||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Copy of Covid-19 vaccinations (completed double doses)||✔||✔|
Note: Resume or Curriculum Vitae is required for applicant who is going to do a voluntary work.
Forms and Links
Application Form (Regular) Application Form (Rush)
|Processing time||Service type|
|7 business days||Rush|
|15 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Online Payment,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: November 16, 2022