Schengen Countries are countries that have signed an agreement, currently between 26 European States, to remove immigration controls to travel within their collective territories. This means entry into one Schengen Member State gives free access to all the other Schengen states.
If the visit includes more than one destination, the visa has to be applied to the Embassy/Consulate of the country that is the main destination of the journey (length of stay or the purpose). If no main destination is determined, the visa application should be submitted to the Schengen country of first entry.
2217 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20008
Mon, Thurs 9:30 am – 1 pm and 2 – 4 pm.
Tue, Wed, Fri 9:30 am – 1 pm.
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). COVID 19 entry regulations have been lifted since May 1, 2022. For up to date COVID 19 regulation information, please click this link
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION. The Embassy of Greece in Washington, DC has consular jurisdiction and can only process visas for residents of Commonwealth of the Bahamas, Florida, Georgia, Grenada, Haiti, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and Washington DC.
- APPLY IN PERSON. Applicant MUST schedule an appointment and appear in person between one (1) to three (3) months before the travel date. Appointment reservation: call +1 (202) 939-1300 or send email to [email protected]
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and have at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland; for nationals of Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Mauritius, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore, Trinidad & Tobago, UK/British Overseas, USA, Venezuela and some other countries for a maximum stay of 90 days.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
|Copy of valid passport's vital information page||✔|
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy or Immigration officer of the country. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Letter of employment||✔|
|Bank and credit card statements (last three (3) months)||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Travel health insurance||✔|
|W-2 forms for the last 2 years||✔|
- The applicant’s fingerprints must be collected, if not already registered in the VIS, within the previous 59 months of a previous lodging of a Schengen visa application. Some applicants are exempt from this obligation.
- For a self-employed person: Provide a letter from the bank that the person does business with, stating that the company is in good standing.
- For a foreign student on F1 visa: Provide valid I-20; a reference letter from the educational institution (school/college/university) stating that student is in good standing, student’s major, and the expected date of graduation.
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|15 to 20 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Business / Tourist / Transit Non-US Nationals||92.00||Up to 90 days|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: August 23, 2022