The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is made up of fifteen member countries that are located in the Western African region: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cote D’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
Passengers with a Laissez-Passer issued by the ECOWAS Passport do not require a visa when traveling on duty.
866 United Nations Plaza, Suite 481, New York, NY 10017
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Travelers must have a printed medical certificate with a negative Coronavirus COVID-19 PCR test result issued at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point.
- VISA APPLICATION. There are two ways to apply for a Guinea Bissau visa:
- E-VISA. Upon payment and visa confirmation you will receive a visa slip that serves as a receipt. This receipt needs to be printed and to be shown to the visa officer at the chosen border crossing with your passport. (A request for an e-visa is currently unavailable)
- VISA ON ARRIVAL at Guinea Bissau International Airport. Passengers can obtain a visa on arrival with a valid passport for a maximum stay of 90 days.
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Benin, Burkina Fasso, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form (2 copies)|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - two (2) photos||✔||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)||✔|
|Yellow fever certificate||✔||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Credit Card,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Short Stay||65.00||Single||30 days|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: March 2, 2022