2201 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Suite 110, Washington, DC 20007
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Travelers who have been in South Africa or the United kingdom for more than 2 hours in the past 21 days are not allowed to enter Hong Kong. Every traveler is subject to medical screening upon arrival and quarantine for 21 days.
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION. The Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC has consular jurisdiction. Contact the visa office for more information as well as to obtain the latest country exemptions and the requirements for the visa.
- APPLY IN PERSON. It is recommended that the NON-US applicants must appear in person.
- VISA APPLICATION FORM. Visa application MUST be typewritten (pdf fillable form is available below). Handwritten applications WILL NOT be accepted.
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity remaining beyond stay and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of the United Kingdom for a maximum stay of 180 days.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Argentina, Australia, Botswana, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, France, Germany, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Mexico, Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Tanzania, Trinidad & Tobago, USA, Venezuela, Zambia, Zimbabwe and some other countries for a maximum stay of 90 days.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Bolivia, Costa Rica, Dominican Rep., El Salvador, Indonesia, Peru, South Africa and some other countries for a maximum stay of 30 days; for nationals of the Philippines, Russia Fed., and some other countries for a maximum stay up to 14 days.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Sponsor letter (Form ID 1003 B)||✔||✔|
|Letter of employment||✔||✔|
|Letter explaining double citizenship||✔|
|Recent bank statement||✔||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Photocopy of business registration certificate (Business visa only)||✔||✔|
|Photocopy of proof of the leisure visit to Hong Kong (Tourist visa only)||✔||✔|
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)||✔|
|Proof of the proposed visit in the next destination after visiting Hong Kong (Transit only)||✔||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|4 to 6 weeks||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Business/Tourist Non-US Nationals||190.00||Single||Up to 90 days|
|Communication Fee (If Application is referred to Macao SAR Security Police Force)||20.00|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: May 11, 2022