Schengen Countries are countries that have signed an agreement, currently between 26 European States, to remove immigration controls to travel within their collective territories. This means entry into one Schengen Member State gives free access to all the other Schengen states.
If the visit includes more than one destination, the visa has to be applied to the Embassy/Consulate of the country that is the main destination of the journey (length of stay or the purpose). If no main destination is determined, the visa application should be submitted to the Schengen country of first entry.
3910 Shoemaker Street NW, Washington, DC 20008
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Travelers must have COVID-19 certificate showing that they are fully vaccinated. For up to date information, please click this link
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION. The Consular office of Hungary accepts ONLY application from the following states: Alabama, District of Columbia, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- APPLY IN PERSON. Applicants need to schedule an appointment by email at [email protected]. Please indicate the name, passport number, date, and purpose of travel. It is recommended to apply as early as possible, but not more than 3 months before the departure time.
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of the Schengen countries and the United Kingdom; for nationals of Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Japan, Mauritius, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Singapore, Trinidad & Tobago, USA, Venezuela and some other countries for a maximum stay of 90 days.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
|Invitation letter (Business visa only)||✔|
|Bank statements (last three (3) months)||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Travel health insurance||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|10 to 15 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Credit Card,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Schengen Visa||72.00||Multiple||3 months|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: September 1, 2022