Schengen Countries are countries that have signed an agreement, currently between 26 European States, to remove immigration controls to travel within their collective territories. This means entry into one Schengen Member State gives free access to all the other Schengen states.
If the visit includes more than one destination, the visa has to be applied to the Embassy/Consulate of the country that is the main destination of the journey (length of stay or the purpose). If no main destination is determined, the visa application should be submitted to the Schengen country of first entry.
2900 K Street NW, Suite 509, Washington, DC 20007
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Travelers must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken at most 72 hours before departure and may be subject to quarantine for 14 days or double COVID-19 testing procedure with quarantine for 4 to 5 days. and before arrival, travelers must complete the online “Pre-registration for visiting Iceland.” This does not apply to passengers with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated at least 14 days before arrival and also passengers younger than 16 years.
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION. The embassy of Iceland has consular jurisdiction. Click link Embassy jurisdiction for information.
- APPLY IN PERSON. The Embassy of Iceland in Washington, DC DOES NOT process visas. Applicants need to MAKE an appointment at the VFS SERVICES WASHINGTON and apply in person.
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of the Schengen countries and the United Kingdom; for nationals of Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Japan, Mauritius, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Singapore, Trinidad & Tobago, USA, Venezuela and some other countries for a maximum stay of 90 days. Visa Exempt List
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|Complete online application||✔|
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo||✔|
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy in Washington DC. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Letter of employment||✔|
|Cover letter from applicant||✔|
|Bank statements (last three (3) months)||✔|
|Receipt of application form|
Obtained after your online visa application has been completed and paid.
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of legal residency in the US (original & copy)||✔|
|Travel health insurance||✔|
Forms and Links
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: September 13, 2021