1801 P Street NW, Washington, DC 20036
Embassy hours: Mon to Fri 9 am – 4 pm
Visa application drop off: Mon to Fri 10 am – 12 pm
Pick up: Mon to Fri 1 – 2 pm
Commercial and Non-Commercial certifications:
Drop off & pick up: Mon to Fri 10 am – 12 pm
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Travelers must have COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they are fully vaccinated or present a negative COVID-19 test issued at least 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. For up to date information, please click this link
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION. The Embassy of Iraq in Washington, DC can assist you with various consular services in the States that fall under its jurisdiction – Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia and Washington, DC.
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- VISA ON ARRIVAL is available at Erbil (EBL) and Sulaymaniyah (ISU) airports for nationals of Australia, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Japan, Kuwait, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, UK, USA and some other countries for a maximum stay of 30 days. They can apply to extend their stay.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US|
|Complete online application||✔||✔|
|Passport size photos - two (2) photos|
White background and should be free of shadows, photo is clear and in color, glasses not allowed. Applicant is directly facing camera w/ a neutral expression, eyes are clearly visible.
|Copy of valid passport's vital information page||✔||✔|
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy in Washington DC. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Copy of driver's license||✔||✔|
|Copy of proof of legal residency in the US||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|15 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Cash,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Tourist US Nationals||150.00||Multiple||1 year|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: September 13, 2022