5220 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20008
Drop off: Mon to Fri 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Pick up: Mon to Fri 1:30 – 4 pm with payment
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Travelers are NOT allowed to enter if in the past 14 days they have been to Argentina, Bahamas, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil, Canada, Dominican Rep., El Salvador, France, Germany, Ghana, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Kenya, Malawi, Mexico, Philippines, UK, USA and some other countries (please contact the Visa office for the list of the countries). Travelers must have a negative COVID-19 test result taken at most 72 hours before departure from the first international embarkation point. Passenger are subject to COVID-19 test after arrival and quarantine for 14 days, also passengers must complete a “Quarantine Questionnaire” at: https://arqs-qa.followup.mhlw.go.jp/ . This does not apply to passengers younger than 6 years.
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity remaining beyond stay and one (1) blank visa page.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals Argentina, Australia, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Dominican Rep., Finland, France, Germany, Mauritius, Mexico, Netherlands, Peru, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, UK, USA and some others for a maximum stay of 90 days. A valid passport is required. Visa Exemption List
- For a US passport holder who plans to stay more than 90 days, please contact the visa office for detail requirements.
- Please submit your application 15 – 30 business days before your departure.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo||✔|
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy in Washington DC. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Recent bank statement||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Notarized proof of legal residency in the US||✔|
|Proof of legal residency in the US (original & copy)||✔|
|Visa authorization & disclaimer form|
Authorization for Visa Office to apply on the applicant's behalf
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|5 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Cash,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Business/Tourist||28.00||Single||Up to 90 days|
|Business/Tourist||56.00||Multiple||1 to 5 years|
|Tourist/Business India||8.00||Single/Double/Multiple||3 months|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: September 15, 2021