5220 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20008
Drop off: Mon to Fri 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Pick up: Mon to Fri 1:30 – 4 pm with payment
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Travelers must have COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they are fully vaccinated or present a negative PCR COVID-19 test result taken at least 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. The negative test result must be in English. Travelers must install the “MySOS” mobile app before departure or upon arrival and complete and fill all required information. For up to date information, please click this link
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity remaining beyond stay and one (1) blank visa page.
- Currently, all foreigners travelling to Japan require a visa. No transit visa is issued. For lay over, travelers must stay in the airport’s transit area until the connecting flight.
- For a US passport holder who plans to stay more than 90 days, please contact the visa office for detail requirements.
- Please submit your application 2 months before your expected departure date.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy in Washington DC. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Recent bank statement||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Notarized proof of legal residency in the US||✔|
|Proof of legal residency in the US (original & copy)||✔|
|Visa authorization & disclaimer form|
Authorization for Visa Office to apply on the applicant's behalf
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|5 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Cash,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Business/Tourist||28.00||Single||Up to 30 days (Payment at pick-up)|
|Tourist/Business India||8.00||Single/Double/Multiple||3 months|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: September 15, 2022