A foreigner who wants to visit simultaneously the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda and Republic of Uganda for tourism is eligible for an East Africa Tourist Visa.
An East Africa Tourist Visa is multiple entries within the three countries and shall be valid for 90 days.
Applications for this visa shall be lodged at any of the diplomatic representation of the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda and Republic of Uganda, at the Immigration Offices of the respective countries or online where applicable.
2249 R Street NW, Washington, DC 20008
The government of the Republic of Kenya has fully implemented the issuance of 100% e-Visa with effect from January 1, 2021.
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change).
- Travelers entering or transiting through Kenya must have a negative Covid-19 PCR test result issued at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. The certificate must be in English and uploaded at Global Haven website.
- Travelers must have a Covid-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated. The certificate must be uploaded at Global Haven website.
- Travelers must complete the Travelers Health Surveillance form online. This does not apply to passengers younger than 5 years.
- Passport must have for at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and has at least one (1) blank visa page.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Botswana, Ghana, Jamaica, Malawi, Mauritius, Rwanda, Singapore, Tanzania, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe and some other countries for a maximum stay of three (3) months; for nationals of Malaysia and South Africa for a maximum stay of 30 days.
- VISA EXEMPTION. No visa required for children 16 years and below. This does not apply to the East Africa Tourist Visa.
- VISA REGULATIONS/TYPE OF VISA. Passport holders traveling to the Republic of Kenya are divided into 3 categories. Check your country eligibility
Category 1 – Nationals and persons who do not require visas to enter Kenya.
Category 2 – Nationals issued with visas on application. To ALL nationals (including US nationals) in this category, E-visa has to be obtained before departure. NO visas will be issued on arrival.
Category 3 – Nationals and persons from countries that require referred visas.
Single Entry Visa: Category 2 & 3. Issued to persons whose nationalities require a visa to enter Kenya either for business, tourism or medical reasons. Visa valid from the day of issuance
Multiple Entry Visa: Category 2 & 3. Issued to persons who require a visa to enter Kenya either for business, tourism, medical or other reasons. Visa valid from the day of issuance.
5 yrs Multiple Entry Visa: Issued to USA nationals to enter Kenya either for business or tourist. Visa valid from the day of issuance.
East African Tourist Visa: Category 2. This is a joint tourist visa that entitles holders to travel to and within the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda and Republic of Uganda for the purpose of tourism (please refer to notification on the beginning of this page). Visa valid from the day of issuance.
Transit Visa: Category 2 & 3. Issued to persons connecting through Kenya to other destinations for a period not exceeding 72 hours. Those connecting direct flights without leaving the airport DO NOT need to apply for transit visa.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||e-Visa|
|Completed e-Visa application form||✔|
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo||✔|
|Copy of passport vital information page||✔|
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy in Washington DC. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Copy of ID of person signing the invitation letter||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔|
|Letter of support|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type||Citizenship|
|24 to 72 hours||e-Visa|
|15 business days||Regular||Referred country|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Credit Card,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Business/Tourist||101.00||Multiple||3 months/ 1 year|
|5 Yrs. Multiple Buss/Tourist Visa US Nationals||201.00||Multiple||5 years|
|East Africa Tourist Visa||101.00||Multiple||3 months|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: May 11, 2022