Schengen Countries are countries that have signed an agreement, currently between 26 European States, to remove immigration controls to travel within their collective territories. This means entry into one Schengen Member State gives free access to all the other Schengen states.
If the visit includes more than one destination, the visa has to be applied to the Embassy/Consulate of the country that is the main destination of the journey (length of stay or the purpose). If no main destination is determined, the visa application should be submitted to the Schengen country of first entry.
2306 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20008
Consular hours: Mon 9 am – 4:45 pm, Thurs 9 am – 12:45 pm
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Travelers must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken 72 hours before departure or an antigen test taken 48 hours before arrival or have a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated at least 15 days before arrival. Travelers must complete a COVID-19 Pass online. This will generate a QR code which must be presented before departure and upon arrival. Travelers could be subject to self-isolation for 10 days. This does not apply to passengers younger than 12 years.
- APPLY IN PERSON. IN SOME CASES, the applicant needs to apply in person. To schedule an appointment, call (202) 328-2881/2882/2883
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Mauritius, Mexico, Peru, Singapore, Trinidad & Tobago, UK, USA, Venezuela, and some other countries for a maximum stay of 90 days. Visa-exempt list
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|Complete online application||✔|
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo||✔|
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy in Washington DC. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Letter of employment||✔|
|Bank statements (last three (3) months)||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔|
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)||✔|
|Travel health insurance||✔|
Forms and Links
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Schengen Visa||70.00||Up to 90 days|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: August 31, 2021