2408 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20008
Mon to Thurs 9 am – 5 pm
Fri 9 am – 1 pm
Drop-off time: 9:30 am to 12:30 pm from Mon to Thurs
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Travelers must have a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they are fully vaccinated or present a negative Covid-19 PCR test result issued at most 72 hours before arrival. For up to date information, click on this link
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Botswana, Jamaica, Kenya, Mauritius, South Africa, Tanzania, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda, Zimbabwe, and some other countries, traveling for tourist/business for a maximum stay of 90 days. Must have a valid passport.
- VISA ON ARRIVAL for nationals of Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Dominican Rep., El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Haiti, Indonesia, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, United Kingdom, USA, Venezuela and some other countries for a maximum stay of 30 days, with a possible extended stay of additional 60 days.
- For Nationals of India, Nigeria, Bangladesh, China, Burundi, Rwanda and Pakistan the visa process may take up to 4 weeks.
- TRANSIT VISA is available on arrival for a maximum stay of 7 days.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form (2 copies)|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - two (2) photos|
White background and should be free of shadows, photo is clear and in color, glasses not allowed. Applicant is directly facing camera w/ a neutral expression, eyes are clearly visible.
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy or Immigration officer of the country. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Copy of sponsor’s residential status in Malawi|
i.e: Copy of permit or passport if Malawian
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|5 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Cash, Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: November 16, 2022