The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is made up of fifteen member countries that are located in the Western African region: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cote D’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
Passengers with a Laissez-Passer issued by the ECOWAS Passport do not require a visa when traveling on duty.
2130 R Street NW, Washington, DC 20008
Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri 9 am – 5 pm
Drop off: 9 am – 1 pm
Pick up: 2 pm – 5 pm
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Travelers must have COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they are fully vaccinated or present a negative COVID-19 PCR test result issued at least 72 hours before arrival. For up to date information, please click this link
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Togo; for nationals of Indonesia for maximum stay up to 30 days.
- VISA ON ARRIVAL for nationals of Kenya and Rwanda for a maximum stay of 90 days.
- Applicants for a transit visa must submit copies of their onward tickets and visas to their destinations.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form (2 copies)|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - two (2) photos|
White background and should be free of shadows, photo is clear and in color, glasses not allowed. Applicant is directly facing camera w/ a neutral expression, eyes are clearly visible.
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy or Immigration officer of the country. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔||✔|
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Yellow fever certificate||✔||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|5 business days||Regular|
|3 business days||Rush|
|2 business days||Rush|
|1 business day||Super Rush|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Cashier's Check, Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Tourist/Business US Nationals||131.00||Single/Double/Multiple||Up to 5 years|
|Business/Tourist Non-US Nationals||80.00||Single||3 months|
|Business/Tourist Non-US Nationals||110.00||Multiple||3 months|
|Business/Tourist Non-US Nationals||200.00||Multiple||6 months|
|Business/Tourist Non-US Nationals||370.00||Multiple||12 months|
|Rush 3 days Service (extra)||10.00|
|Rush 2 days service (extra)||20.00|
|Same day service (extra)||50.00|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: September 28, 2022