1525 New Hampshire Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20036
Drop off: Mon to Thurs 9 am – 1 pm.
Pick up: Mon to Thurs 11:30 am – 1 pm.
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Travelers must have COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they are fully vaccinated or a printed medical certificate with a negative Covid-19 PCR test result issued at most 72 hours before departure. The certificate must be issued in English, French or Portuguese. For up to date information, click on this link
- Passport must be valid for at least six (6) months beyond the completion of a trip and has at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- Non-US citizens traveling to Mozambique through South Africa MUST obtain multiple entry transit visa for South Africa.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Angola, Botswana, Eswatini (Swaziland), Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- VISA ON ARRIVAL is available for most nationals with a valid passport for a minimum of 6 months from the date of arrival and can be obtained at the following port of entry; Beira (BEW), Nampula(APL), Maputo(MPM), Pemba(POL), Tete(TET) and Vilankulo(VNX) for a maximum of 30 days. Travelers must have a confirmed return/onward ticket, sufficient funds to support their stay and proof of the purpose of visiting. Visa on arrival does not apply to nationals of Bangladesh, Eritrea, India, Pakistan, Somalia and Sri Lanka.
- VISA PROCESSING. Currently GC Visa office must first email the complete set of visa application to the embassy for review and approval. The reviewing process takes about 2-3 weeks. GC Visa office can schedule the appointment with the embassy to submit the original with the visa fee ONLY when visa has been approved.
- When applying at the consular office in Washington DC, USA, the visa must be used within sixty (60) days from the issuance date. Visa Fees are not-refundable.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - two (2) photos|
White background and should be free of shadows, photo is clear and in color, glasses not allowed. Applicant is directly facing camera w/ a neutral expression, eyes are clearly visible.
|Copy of valid passport's vital information page||✔||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Yellow fever certificate (optional)|
If the applicant has been in a yellow fever endemic country, the applicant must bring a yellow fever certificate when traveling.
|Enclose a pre-paid return envelope|
the GC Visa office will provide.
*Invitations by organizations operating in Mozambique must include a copy of their legal status issued by the Mozambican authorities.
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|25 business days||Regular|
|20 business days||Rush|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Business/Tourist - Rush||220.00||Single||30 days|
|Business/Tourist||180.00||Multiple||max 30 days withing a 90 day period|
|Business/Tourist - Rush||250.00||Multiple||max 30 days withing a 90 day period|
|Business/Tourist - Rush||290.00||Multiple||180 days|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: February 7, 2023