Schengen Countries are countries that have signed an agreement, currently between 26 European States, to remove immigration controls to travel within their collective territories. This means entry into one Schengen Member State gives free access to all the other Schengen states.
If the visit includes more than one destination, the visa has to be applied to the Embassy/Consulate of the country that is the main destination of the journey (length of stay or the purpose). If no main destination is determined, the visa application should be submitted to the Schengen country of first entry.
4200 Linnean Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20008
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Travelers entering or transiting the Netherlands must have a negative Covid-19 test taken at most 48 hours before departure. The test accepted are: LAMO, MPOCT, NAAT, PCR, RT-PCR and TMA or a negative COVID-19 rapid antigen test taken at most 24 hours before boarding the flight of the first embarkation point. A completed “Health Declaration Form” must be presented prior to boarding. This does not apply to passengers younger than 12 years.
- APPLY IN PERSON. Nationals requiring a visa must schedule an appointment and appear in person. Click the link to schedule an appointment
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION. The Embassy of the Netherlands has consular jurisdiction.
- Passport must have six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Japan, Mauritius, Mexico, Peru, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Trinidad & Tobago, UK, USA, Venezuela, and some other countries for a maximum stay of 90 days. Visa Eligibility
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy in Washington DC. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Letter of employment||✔|
|Recent bank statement||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Insurance confirmation letter (Schengen visa)|
It MUST specify that the insurance is valid for the Schengen area during the entire stay AND must cover repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment or death.
|Travel health insurance||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|10 to 15 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Schengen Visa||74.00||Single/Double/Multiple||3 months|
|VFS Service fee||33.00|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: October 6, 2021