The French Overseas Territories include French Guiana, French Polynesia, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Mayotte, New Caledonia, Reunion Island, Saint-Barthelemy, Saint Martin, Saint Pierre & Miquelon, French Southern & Antarctic Land, and the Island of Wallis and Futuna. Travelers who wish to visit one of these territories are subject to visa requirements according to their nationalities. They must request a special visa through the France Embassy, as a Schengen visa will NOT allow them to enter the territory
4101 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20007
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Travelers must have a negative COVID-19 RT- PCR test result taken at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. Travelers must complete the Travelers Certificate form for France Overseas Region to be presented upon arrival. This does not apply to passengers younger than 11 years.
- APPLY IN PERSON. All applicants must schedule an appointment and appear in person to apply for a visa. Link to set up and appointment.
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION: The France Embassy in Washington DC can only process visa applications from the following territories: Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Virginia.
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity remaining beyond stay and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Finland, France, Germany, Mauritius, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, UK/British Overseas, US, Trinidad and Tobago, and some others for a maximum stay of 90 days.
- Click on the Visa application guidelines below for visa application instruction.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy or Immigration officer of the country. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Letter of employment||✔|
|Bank statements (last three (3) months)||✔|
|Visa request receipt||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔|
|Proof of legal residency in the US (original & copy)||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|1 to 14 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Credit Card, Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: October 6, 2021