The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is made up of fifteen member countries that are located in the Western African region: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cote D’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
Passengers with a Laissez-Passer issued by the ECOWAS Passport do not require a visa when traveling on duty.
3519 International Court NW, Washington, DC 2008
Nigerian Visa Center: Online Integrated Solutions (OIS)
11900 Parklawn Dr. Suite 160, Rockville, MD 20852
OIS Hours: Mon to Thurs 9 am – 12:30 & 2 – 5 pm
OIS phone number: (301) 231-7000
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Travelers must have a Covid-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated at least 14 days before arrival or a negative Covid-19 PCR test taken at most 48 most hours before departure from the first embarkation point. Traveler must obtain a “Permit to Travel” before departure at Nigeria International Travel Portal and must present the QR code upon arrival. For up to date information, click on this link
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION. The Nigerian Embassy processes visa for the residents of Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, and Washington DC. However, it accepts visa application from the traveler who is 65 years and older; and lives anywhere in the States.
- APPLY IN PERSON. Applicants are required to appear in person to submit their applications at the Nigerian Visa Center in Rockville, MD (except traveler who is 65 years and older). Contact the GC Visa office for further information.
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity remaining beyond stay and two (2) blank visa pages.
- VISA ON ARRIVAL for nationals of Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and some other countries.
- Other nationals with a visa approval obtained before departure can also obtain a visa on arrival.
- Visa Fees** will vary according to nationality. Payment to be paid online. The first and last names on the payment card should be the same with the first and last names of the applicant.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - two (2) photos|
White background and should be free of shadows, photo is clear and in color, glasses not allowed. Applicant is directly facing camera w/ a neutral expression, eyes are clearly visible.
|Copy of valid passport's vital information page||✔||✔|
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy or Immigration officer of the country. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Copy of passport vital information page from host*|
Tourist visa only
|*Letter of employment||✔||✔|
|Recent bank statement||✔||✔|
|Receipt of online payment|
Visa Office will provide
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Enclose a pre-paid return envelope|
the GC Visa office will provide.
*Letter of employment needed only when applying visa through OIS Atlanta.
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|10 to 15 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Credit Card, Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Business/Tourist US Nationals||160.00||Multiple||Two (2) years|
|**Business/Tourist Non-US Nationals||0.00||Single||3 months|
|Express fee (Rockville office)||80.00|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: November 16, 2022