The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is made up of fifteen member countries that are located in the Western African region: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cote D’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
Passengers with a Laissez-Passer issued by the ECOWAS Passport do not require a visa when traveling on duty.
3519 International Court NW, Washington, DC 2008
Nigerian Visa Center: Online Integrated Solutions (OIS)
11900 Parklawn Dr. Suite 160, Rockville, MD 20852
OIS Hours: Mon to Thurs 9 am – 12:30 & 2 – 5 pm
OIS phone number: (301) 231-7000
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Travelers must have a printed medical certificate with a negative Covid-19 PCR test. The test must have been taken at most 96 hours before departure of the last direct flight to Nigeria. The certificate must be in English. Passengers are subject to medical screening and and self-isolation for 7 (seven) days. A QR code can be found at Nigeria International Travel Portal and must be presented upon arrival.
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION. The Nigerian Embassy processes visa for the residents of Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, and Washington DC. (Not if the traveler is 65 years and older)
- APPLY IN PERSON. Applicants are required to appear in person to submit their applications at the Nigerian Visa Center in Rockville, MD. Contact the GC Visa office for further information. (Not if the traveler is 65 years older)
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity remaining beyond stay and two (2) blank visa pages.
- VISA ON ARRIVAL for nationals of Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and some other countries.
- Other nationals with a visa approval obtained before departure can also obtain a visa on arrival.
- Visa Fees will vary according to nationality.**
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - two (2) photos||✔||✔|
|Copy of passport vital information page||✔||✔|
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy in Washington DC. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Copy of passport vital information page from host||✔||✔|
|*Letter of employment|
Only for OIS Atlanta
|Recent bank statement (Tourist Visa)||✔||✔|
|Receipt of online payment|
Visa Office will provide
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|10 to 15 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Credit Card, Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Business/Tourist US Nationals||160.00||Multiple||Two (2) years|
|**Business/Tourist Non-US Nationals||0.00||Single||3 months|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: May 12, 2022