Schengen Countries are countries that have signed an agreement, currently between 26 European States, to remove immigration controls to travel within their collective territories. This means entry into one Schengen Member State gives free access to all the other Schengen states.
If the visit includes more than one destination, the visa has to be applied to the Embassy/Consulate of the country that is the main destination of the journey (length of stay or the purpose). If no main destination is determined, the visa application should be submitted to the Schengen country of first entry.
1 Dag Hammarskjold Plaza, 35th Floor,
885 Second Avenue, New York, NY 10017
VFS Global (Norwegian Representative Office)
1025 Vermont Avenue NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20005.
Office hours: Mon to Fri 9 am – 4 pm
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Travelers must have a negative Covid-19 PCR test or Rapid Antigen test result. The test must have been taken 24 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. The test result must be in Danish, English, French, German, Norwegian or Swedish. Passengers must complete a registration form before arrival. The form can be obtained at www.entrynorway.no . This does not apply for passengers younger than 12 or 17 years. This does not apply to travelers with a digital COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated.
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION. The Norwegian Embassy has consular jurisdiction. Maryland state is under the jurisdiction of the Norwegian Consulate in New York. Click the link for the complete jurisdiction list: Jurisdiction list
- APPLY IN PERSON. Applicants are required to apply in person. Click the link to schedule an appointment.
- Passport must have six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Finland, France, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal Switzerland, UK; for nationals of Argentina, Australia, Brazil, British Overseas Territories Citizen, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Honduras, Mauritius, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore, Trinidad & Tobago, USA Venezuela, and some other countries for a maximum stay of 90 days. Countries exempt List.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|Complete online application||✔|
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
|Copy of previous Schengen visas issued within the past 5 years.||✔|
|Invitation letter (Business visa only)||✔|
|Letter of employment||✔|
|Bank statements (last three (3) months)||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/cruise itinerary||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Travel health insurance||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|15 to 20 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Credit Card,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Schengen Visa||85.00||Up to 90 days|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: October 11, 2021