1720 16th Street NW, Washington, DC 20009
Consular hours: Mon to Fri 10 am – 3:30 pm
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Travelers without a medical certificate with a negative Covid-19 PCR test result are subject to a test upon arrival and quarantine at their own expense.
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least one (1) blank visa page.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad Equatorial Guinea, and Gabon for a maximum stay of 90 days.
- VISA ON ARRIVAL for nationals of Benin, Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Mauritania, Morocco, Niger, Senegal, and Togo.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form (2 copies)|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - two (2) photos|
White background and should be free of shadows, photo is clear and in color, glasses not allowed. Applicant is directly facing camera w/ a neutral expression, eyes are clearly visible.
|*Notarized invitation letter||✔||✔|
|Letter of employment (Business visa only)|
Visa Office will provide this for GC employees.
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation (Tourist visa)||✔||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Yellow fever certificate||✔||✔|
* Invitation letter must be notarized at the City Council or Prefecture/Mairie in the Republic of Congo.
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|5 to 7 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Business/Tourist US Nationals||200.00||Multiple||6 months|
|Business/Tourist Non-US Nationals||200.00||Multiple||3 months|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: July 28, 2021