The French Overseas Territories include French Guiana, French Polynesia, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Mayotte, New Caledonia, Reunion Island, Saint-Barthelemy, Saint Martin, Saint Pierre & Miquelon, French Southern & Antarctic Land, and the Island of Wallis and Futuna. Travelers who wish to visit one of these territories are subject to visa requirements according to their nationalities. They must request a special visa through the France Embassy, as a Schengen visa will NOT allow them to enter the territory
4101 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20007
- COVID-19 Warnings: A completed International Travel Certificate must be presented prior to boarding and to immigration upon arrival or when transiting Reunion, this certificate can be obtained at Consulate or at https://www.interieur.gouv.fr . Passengers must have a medical certificate with a negative Coronavirus PCR test result issued at least 72 hours before arrival. Travelers are subject to quarantine for 7 days.
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION: The France Embassy in Washington DC can only process visa applications from the following territories: Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Virginia.
- APPLY IN PERSON. All applicants must schedule an appointment and appear in person to apply for a visa. Link to set up and appointment.
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity remaining beyond stay and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Finland, France, Germany, Mauritius, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, UK/British Overseas, US, Trinidad and Tobago, and some others for a maximum stay of 90 days.
- Click on the Visa application guidelines below for visa application instruction.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy or Immigration officer of the country. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Letter of employment||✔|
|Bank statements (last three (3) months)||✔|
|Visa request receipt||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔|
|Proof of legal residency in the US (original & copy)||✔|
Forms and Links
Application form Visa application process guidelines
|Processing time||Service type|
|1 to 14 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Credit Card, Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: May 12, 2022