2650 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20007
VFS Global (Russian Representative office):
1025 Vermont Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20005
Drop off: Mon to Fri 9 am – 12 pm
Pick up: Mon to Fri 3 – 5 pm
Until further notice, travel to Russia is not recommended due to safety reasons.
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Passengers must have a printed negative Covid-19 PCR test result issued at most 72 hours before arrival. A completed application form must be presented upon arrival.
- NO RUSH SERVICE for the US passport holders effective January 2020 until further notice.
- Passport must be valid for at least a full six (6) months after the visa expiry date and have at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Honduras, Jamaica, Peru, South Africa, Uruguay, Venezuela, and some other countries for a maximum stay of 90 days. A valid passport is required for entry.
- 3-YR MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA. It is recommended that the US citizens apply for a 3-year multiple-entry visa regardless of what is stated in the travel vouchers or letter of invitation. This visa can be applied for business, private, humanitarian, or tourist visits.
- TRANSIT VISA. A regular visa is required if transiting over 24 hours in Russia.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
|Invitation letter (Business visa or study visa only)||✔||✔|
|Autobiography translated into Russian|
(Only for Australian nationals)
|Agency travel voucher||✔||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔||✔|
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Travel health insurance||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|10 to 15 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Cash, Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Business/Tourist US Nationals||160.00||Multiple||3 years|
|Business/Tourist/Transit US Nationals||160.00||Single/Double|
|Business/Tourist/Transit (Rush) EU||80.00||Single/Double/Multiple|
|VFS fee - all type of visa||38.00|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: May 16, 2022