The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is made up of fifteen member countries that are located in the Western African region: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cote D’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
Passengers with a Laissez-Passer issued by the ECOWAS Passport do not require a visa when traveling on duty.
2215 M Street NW, Washington, DC 20037
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Travelers must have a negative Covid-19 RT-PCR test result issued at most 5 days before departure from the first embarkation point.
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and have at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Brazil, Canada, China, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, India, Japan, Mauritius, Nigeria, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, UK, USA, and some other countries for a maximum stay of 90 days. A valid passport is required.
- VISA ON ARRIVAL for nationals of Afghanistan, Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Botswana, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominica Rep., El Salvador, Haiti, Indonesia, Jamaica, Malawi, Mexico, Peru, Philippines, Russian Fed., Rwanda, South Africa, Switzerland, Tanzania, Trinidad & Tobago, Venezuela, Zambia, Zimbabwe and other nationals for a maximum stay of 30 days. Must have a return/onwards ticket.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form (2 copies)|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - two (2) photos|
White background and should be free of shadows, photo is clear and in color, glasses not allowed. Applicant is directly facing camera w/ a neutral expression, eyes are clearly visible.
|Copy of passport vital information page (2 copies)||✔|
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy or Immigration officer of the country. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Copy of flight itinerary (2 copies)||✔|
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Yellow fever certificate||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|3 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Business/Tourist||45.00||Single||Up to 90 days|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: August 3, 2021