Schengen Countries are countries that have signed an agreement, currently between 26 European States, to remove immigration controls to travel within their collective territories. This means entry into one Schengen Member State gives free access to all the other Schengen states.
If the visit includes more than one destination, the visa has to be applied to the Embassy/Consulate of the country that is the main destination of the journey (length of stay or the purpose). If no main destination is determined, the visa application should be submitted to the Schengen country of first entry.
3523 International Court NW, Washington, DC 20008
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Travelers must complete the “Public Health Passenger Form” and must register online at the “Arrival Registration” before departure. Also, travelers must have negative Covid-19 RT-PCR test taken at most 72 hours before arrival.
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION. The Slovak Embassy in Washington, DC can only process visa applications from the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, District of Columbia, and Texas.
- APPLY IN PERSON. Applicants need to appear in person to apply for a Schengen Visa. To set an appointment, please email: [email protected]
- Passport must have six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Mauritius, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Singapore, Trinidad & Tobago, USA, UK/British Overseas Territories, Venezuela, and some other countries for a stay up to 90 days.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy or Immigration officer of the country. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Letter of employment||✔|
|Bank statements (last three (3) months)||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Travel health insurance||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|15 to 30 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Schengen Visa Non-US Nationals||88.00||Single/Double/Multiple||Up to 90 days|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: August 4, 2021