Schengen Countries are countries that have signed an agreement, currently between 26 European States, to remove immigration controls to travel within their collective territories. This means entry into one Schengen Member State gives free access to all the other Schengen states.
If the visit includes more than one destination, the visa has to be applied to the Embassy/Consulate of the country that is the main destination of the journey (length of stay or the purpose). If no main destination is determined, the visa application should be submitted to the Schengen country of first entry.
2129 Wyoming Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20008
Call to schedule an appointment.
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Travelers could be subject to quarantine for 10 days, unless they have a Covid-19 certificate showing that they received the vaccine or have a negative Covid-19 PCR test taken at most 48 hours before arrival. The test must be taken in an international transit area of an airport. Detail information can be found here
- APPLY IN PERSON. To apply for a visa, applicants must appear in person.
- Passport must have six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Iceland, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Trinidad & Tobago, USA, UK/British Overseas citizens, Venezuela, and some other countries for a maximum stay of 90 days.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
|Letter of employment||✔|
|Bank statements (last three (3) months)||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Signed permission to copy documents||✔|
|Signed permission to return the passport by mail||✔|
|Travel health insurance||✔|
|Enclose a pre-paid return envelope|
the GC Visa office will provide.
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|15 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Schengen Visa||70.00||Single/Double/Multiple||Up to 90 days|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: May 16, 2022