2320 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20008
Consular hours: Mon to Fri 9 am – 12 pm
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Travelers must have a printed negative Covid-19 PCR test result issued at least 2 days before departure from the first embarkation point. Travelers are required to upload before departure the test result on Q-code website (here). Travelers are subjected to an on-arrival PCR test within 1 day of arrival. For up to date information, please click this link
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION. The South Korean Embassy can only process visa applications from the residents of Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, and Washington DC.
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- K-ETA (Korean Electronic Travel Authorization) is required for nationals of Australia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Jamaica, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Trinidad & Tobago, UK, USA, Venezuela, and some other countries for a maximum stay of 90 days; for nationals of Portugal, Russia Fed. for a stay up to 60 days; and for nationals of Argentina, Botswana, Mauritius, South Africa for a stay up to 30 days. Travelers are required to apply for the K-ETA 72 hours minimum before departure. To acquire the K-ETA please click here
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US||e-Visa|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Complete online application||✔|
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
|Copy of valid passport's vital information page||✔||✔|
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy or Immigration officer of the country. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Recent bank statement||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Copy of proof of legal residency in the US||✔|
|Notarized copy of legal residency in the US||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|5 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Cash, Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Business/Tourist||40.00||Single||Up to 90 days|
|Business/Tourist||60.00||Single||More than 91 days|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: September 12, 2022