1712 New Hampshire Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20009
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Travelers without a medical certificate with a negative Covid-19 test results issued at most 72 hours before arrival are subject to a RT-PCR test upon arrival at their own expense and are subject to medical screening and quarantine for 14 days. For up to date information, please click this link
- Passport must have six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least one (1) blank visa page.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Russian Fed., Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Tanzania, Trinidad & Tobago, Uganda, UK, USA, Zambia, Zimbabwe and some other countries for a maximum stay of 30 days. Possible extension for a total stay of 90 days.
- Other nationals can obtain a visa in South Africa with a valid South African visa. Please click on the following link Apply for visa in South Africa
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy in Washington DC. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Yellow fever certificate||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|4 to 5 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: August 3, 2022