IMPORTANT! Because of the experience we have encountered at the consular office of the Chinese Embassy, our office recommends that any visa application for China be done in person. The GC Visa office will assist you in preparing your application and its requirements, ready to be presented at the Embassy.
4201 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20008
Consular hours: Mon to Fri 9 am – 5 pm
Authentication service telephone: (202) 895-1815
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Travelers are subject to medical screening for 7 days. A completed “Quarantine System for Entry form” must be submitted before departure at this link. For up to date information, click on this link.
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION. The Embassy of China in Washington DC processes only applications from Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia and Washington DC.
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least one (1) blank visa page.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Australia, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Haiti, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Switzerland, and some other countries for a maximum stay of 90 days.
- TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION CERTIFICATE (TAC) currently not available.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|Complete online application||✔|
|Passport size photos - two (2) photos|
White background and should be free of shadows, photo is clear and in color, glasses not allowed. Applicant is directly facing camera w/ a neutral expression, eyes are clearly visible.
|Copy of valid passport's vital information page||✔|
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy or Immigration officer of the country. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Recent bank statement||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|7 to 10 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Vistor US Nationals||131.00||Multiple||5 years|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: November 16, 2022