IMPORTANT! Because of the experience we have encountered at the consular office of the Chinese Embassy, our office recommends that any visa application for China be done in person. The GC Visa office will assist you in preparing your application and its requirements, ready to be presented at the Embassy.
4201 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20008
Consular hours: Mon to Fri 9 am – 5 pm
Authentication service telephone: (202) 895-1815
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Travelers must have a negative Covid-19 RT-PCR test result issued at most 3 working days before departure from the first embarkation point. Travelers arriving in the country must have a confirmed booking of quarantine facility or hotel. They are subject to quarantine for 14 days and a covid-19 PCR test at the of quarantine.
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION. The Embassy of China in Washington DC processes only applications from Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia and Washington DC.
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least one (1) blank visa page.
- TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION CERTIFICATE (TAC) currently not available.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|Complete online application||✔|
|Passport size photos - two (2) photos||✔|
|Copy of passport vital information page||✔|
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy in Washington DC. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Recent bank statement||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|7 to 10 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Vistor US Nationals||131.00||Multiple||5 years|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: May 16, 2022