1232 22nd Street NW, Washington, DC 20037
Consular hours: Mon to Thurs 9 am – 5 pm, Fri 9 am – 2:30 pm
NO plastic bags and packings are allowed in the country.
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Travelers must have a Covid-19 vaccination certificate showing that they are fully vaccinated or a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test taken at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. For up to date information, click on this link.
- VISA APPLICATIONS. Embassy of Tanzania in Washington DC does not process visas. Visa applications are to be submitted electronically. Processing time will take about 4 weeks. Please contact the GC Visa office for more information.
- Passport must be valid for at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and one (1) blank visa page.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Botswana, Ghana, Hong Kong, Jamaica, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Rwanda, Singapore, South Africa, Trinidad & Tobago, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and some other countries for a maximum stay of 90 days.
- VISA ON ARRIVAL is available for most nationals including Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Finland, France, Germany, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, UK/British Overseas and the USA. Visa must be paid with a USD 50 bill or USD 100 bill.
- E-Visa is available and must be obtained before departure.
- MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA is available only for US nationals
- REFERRED VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Afghanistan, Chad, Ethiopia, Equatorial Guinea, Lebanon, Nigeria, Yemen, and a few other countries. These countries require special clearance from the Commissioner General of Immigration or the Commissioner of Immigration in Zanzibar prior to issuance of the Visa.
- USD 200 ON ARRIVAL. Nationals of South Africa may required to pay this amount with business visa.
- Yellow Fever Certificate required upon arrival if traveling from a country with risk of yellow fever.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||e-Visa|
|Complete online application||✔|
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
|Copy of valid passport's vital information page||✔|
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy or Immigration officer of the country. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Copy of passport's vital page or ID of person signing the invitation letter.|
Include a copy of the legal status of the host if host is not a citizen of the country.
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Tourist Non-US Nationals||50.00||Single||Up to 90 days|
|Tourist/Meetings & Conference US Nationals||100.00||Multiple||1 year|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: November 16, 2022