Consular office: 2300 Kalorama Road NW, Washington, DC 20008
Drop off: Mon to Fri 9 am – 12 pm
Pick up: Mon to Fri 12:30 – 1 pm
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Travelers entering or transiting through Thailand must have a negative Covid-19 RT-PCR test result issued at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. Travelers entering Thailand must have a Certificate of Entry issued (COE) by Royal Thai Embassy and download the ThailandPlus app and register by using COE number and reference code. They are subject to medical screening and quarantine for minimum 14 days at their own expense. They must have a confirmed hotel reservation.
- APPLY IN PERSON. Nationals of Cameroon, Central Africa Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Ghana, Guinea, Liberia, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Sao Tome and Principe, Sierra Leone, Somalia, and Sudan are required to appear in person at the consulate.
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least one (1) blank visa page.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Korea (Rep.) and Peru for a maximum stay of 90 days; for nationals of Australia, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Indonesia, Mauritius, Netherlands, Norway, Philippines, Portugal, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland, UK/British Overseas, USA and some other countries for a maximum stay of 30 days.
- For more information on visa eligibility please visit Visa Exemption and Visa on Arrival.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US||e-Visa|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - two (2) photos||✔||✔|
|Copy of passport vital information page||✔|
|Copy of previous visa|
Passport visa page with previous visa stamp.
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy in Washington DC. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Invitation letter (Business visa only)||✔||✔|
|Letter of employment||✔||✔|
|Recent bank statement||✔||✔||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔||✔||✔|
|Letter of support|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Letter of support (Business visa only)||✔||✔|
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)||✔|
|Travel health insurance||✔|
|Copy of Covid-19 vaccinations (completed double dozes)||✔|
|Yellow fever certificate||✔||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type||Citizenship|
|5 business days||Regular|
|15 business days||By Mail|
|1 to 3 business days||e-Visa||Non-US Nationals|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|E-Visa Non-US Nationals||40.00||Single||1 month|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: May 16, 2022