Consular office: 2300 Kalorama Road NW, Washington, DC 20008
Drop off: Mon to Fri 9 am – 12 pm
Pick up: Mon to Fri 12:30 – 1 pm
THE THAI EMBASSY DO NOT ACCEPT DROP-OFF OR WALK IN VISA APPLICATIONS. ONLY E-VISAS ARE ISSUED.
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Covid-19 entry regulations have been lifted.
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION. The Royal Thai Embassy at Washington, DC has jurisdiction. It serves the following states: Alabama, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, Puerto Rico, and District of Columbia. Information can be found here
- VISA PROCESSING. All required documents for visa applications have to be uploaded online at Thai E-visa Official Website. The required documents listed in this page are needed if traveler or visitor plan to stay more than certain period allowed without visa.
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least one (1) blank visa page.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Korea (Rep.) and Peru for a maximum stay of 90 days; for nationals of Australia, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Indonesia, Mauritius, Netherlands, Norway, Philippines, Portugal, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland, UK/British Overseas, USA and some other countries for a maximum stay of 30 days.
- For more information on visa eligibility please visit Visa Exemption and Visa on Arrival.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
|Copy of valid passport's vital information page||✔||✔|
|Copy of all travel records for the past 12 months||✔||✔|
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy or Immigration officer of the country. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Recent bank statement||✔||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔||✔|
|Thailand travel pass||✔||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
Signed and dated
|Copy of driver's license||✔||✔|
|Picture holding passport||✔||✔|
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Travel health insurance||✔||✔|
Forms and Links
e-Visa application form Declaration form Sample Pic of holding a passport
|Processing time||Service type|
|15 business days||e-Visa|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Credit Card,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: November 16, 2022