A foreigner who wants to visit simultaneously the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda and Republic of Uganda for tourism is eligible for an East Africa Tourist Visa.
An East Africa Tourist Visa is multiple entries within the three countries and shall be valid for 90 days.
Applications for this visa shall be lodged at any of the diplomatic representation of the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda and Republic of Uganda, at the Immigration Offices of the respective countries or online where applicable.
5911 16th Street NW, Washington, DC 20011
Drop-off: Mon to Fri 9:30 am – 1 pm
Pick up: Mon to Fri 2 – 3 pm
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Travelers must have a Covid-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated or a negative Covid-19 PCR test taken at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. Travelers must complete a health declaration form at most 24 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. To access the form, click here.
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least one (1) blank visa page.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Angola, Belize, Ghana, Jamaica, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Rwanda, Singapore, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and some other countries for a maximum stay of 3 months.
- EAST AFIRCA VISA valid for Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda. This visa should be applied through the country of first destination.
- E-VISA is available and must be obtained before departure.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US||e-Visa|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Completed e-Visa application form||✔|
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
|Copy of valid passport's vital information page||✔|
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy or Immigration officer of the country. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Copy of passport's vital page or ID of person signing the invitation letter.|
Include a copy of the legal status of the host if host is not a citizen of the country.
|Letter of employment||✔|
|Cover letter from applicant||✔||✔|
|*Police clearance report||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Yellow fever certificate||✔||✔||✔|
* Police clearance is required ONLY when applying for a multiple entry visa.
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|4 to 5 business days||Regular|
|2 to 3 business days||Rush|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Business/Tourist||100.00||Multiple||6 months to 1 year|
|EAST Africa Tourist Visa (Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda)||100.00||Multiple||Up to 90 days|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: November 16, 2022