3051 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20008
Drop off: Mon to Fri 8:30 am – 12 pm
Pick up: Mon to Thurs 8:30 am – 5 pm / Fri 8.30 am – 2 pm
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Travelers entering or transiting through South Africa must have a negative Covid-19 PCR test result issued at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. A complete “Travel Health Questionnaire” can be completed upon arrival.
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION. The South African Embassy in Washington DC can only process visa applications from the residents of Alabama, District of Columbia, Flordia, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Texas, Virginia, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
- APPLY IN PERSON. All visa applicants must appear in person at the consular office.
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Argentina, Australia, Botswana, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Ecuador, Finland, France, Germany, Jamaica, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Russian Fed., Spain, Switzerland, Tanzania, Trinidad & Tobago, UK/British Overseas, US, Venezuela, and some other countries for a maximum stay of 90 days; for nationals of Bolivia, Costa Rica, Malawi, Mauritius, Peru, and some other countries for a maximum stay of 30 days. Click on the visa exempt countries for a complete list. Must present a valid passport, flight itinerary, and a Yellow Fever certificate at the point of entry.
- TRANSIT VISA is NOT required for any nationals holding onward tickets via airports Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Lanseria(HLA), or Durban (DUR) for up to 3 days.
- NO VISA FEE for nationals of Colombia, India, and Mexico; for nationals of Kenya and the Philippines, if travelers stay less than 30 days. Please refer to the list of countries that required to pay for the visa fee.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - two (2) photos|
White background and should be free of shadows, photo is clear and in color, glasses not allowed. Applicant is directly facing camera w/ a neutral expression, eyes are clearly visible.
|Notarized copy of passport vital information page||✔|
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy in Washington DC. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Certified proof of host's legal status in South Africa||✔|
|Letter of employment||✔|
|Bank statements (last three (3) months)||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Notarized proof of legal residency in the US||✔|
|Yellow fever certificate||✔|
Note: Bank Statement MUST have the Bank Seal/Stamp.
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|5 to 10 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry|
|Business Non-US Nationals||36.00|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: May 16, 2022