Schengen Countries are countries that have signed an agreement, currently between 26 European States, to remove immigration controls to travel within their collective territories. This means entry into one Schengen Member State gives free access to all the other Schengen states.
If the visit includes more than one destination, the visa has to be applied to the Embassy/Consulate of the country that is the main destination of the journey (length of stay or the purpose). If no main destination is determined, the visa application should be submitted to the Schengen country of first entry.
3330 Garfield Street NW
Washington, DC 20008
- Covid-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Traveler must have an “Essential Journey Certificate” issued by a Belgian consulate or embassy. A completed “Passenger Locator Form” must be submitted at most 48 hours before arrival. Travelers must have a negative Covid-19 PCR test taken at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. They could be subject to a Covid-19 test and medical screening and quarantine. This does not apply to travelers younger than 6 years.
- APPLY IN PERSON. Visa application must be submitted in person. To schedule an appointment at the Belgium Embassy in Washington, DC, please click the link: Schengen Visa Appointments. Apply Schengen visa at the earliest 90 days and at the latest 3 weeks prior to the intended departure date.
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Europe Union, Hong Kong (SAR China), Mexico, Peru, Singapore, Trinidad & Tobago, UK/British Overseas Citizens, USA, and some other countries for a maximum stay of 90 days.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo||✔|
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy in Washington DC. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Letter of employment (Business visa only)|
Visa Office will provide this for GC employees.
|Bank statements (last three (3) months)||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)||✔|
|Travel health insurance||✔|
* At the appointment time, please bring originals and one copy of each document requested.
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|3 to 4 weeks||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Credit Card, Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Business/Tourist||78.00||Up to 90 days|
|Business/Tourist||234.00||Long Stay Visits|
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: August 17, 2021